Hi and welcome to Lake Nillahcootie Camp.
We hope you have a great time at our camp and will spread the word about how good it is. This campsite is also an adventure activity camp so there are some activities around that have some risk.
We have outlined below a few points that will help make you stay enjoyable.
We expect parents and guardians to supervise their children at all times while on site.
The Lake is shallow in some places and can get deep very quickly in others, care and supervision is important for all. An area has been sectioned off to exclude powerboats specifically to allow for swimming however this does not mean that it is patrolled or safe.
Boats may be moored along the waterfront away from swimmers but must not be launched from the site. There is a proper launching ramp at the picnic area just north of the camp.
Activities that must be undertaken only with our staff supervision are:
1. The big climbing wall
2. The Flying Fox
3. The abseil wall
Times will be by arrangement or posted in the entrance to the dining hall
Canoeing can be undertaken around the shore line, a Personal Floatation Device must be worn at all times and children require parental supervision.
Mountain bikes are available for use on site by the able bodied, it is a requirement to wear the helmet provided. Parental supervision of children is required.
Other activities available:
• Bouncing castle
• Inflatable water slide
• Bouldering wall
• Frisbee golf
• Sand volley ball
• ½ court basketball
• Table tennis
• The Strathbogie Ranges for walking.
Helmets/Paddles/PFDs/Balls/Frisbees are all available from the front desk. Please return these when you have finished or hand them to the next person with a request to return them for you.
A Few Rules: (All pretty standard stuff)
1. Please don’t camp or drive on the grassed area between the sheds and the Flying Fox tree. This means you need to carry your stuff to the water area but it makes it much safer for all guests.
2. Please put all litter in the bins.
3. Please clean as you go in the kitchen and dining area.
4. Please respect other campers and staff.
5. Please observe quiet time after 10 pm (unless the party is camp unanimous, in which case, don’t forget to invite the staff!)
6. Generators can only be used in the generator friendly camping area and only if they are quiet. Limit the use to between 9.00 am and 8.00 pm
Most water is pumped from the lake, except where labelled “drinking water”.
Drinking water is collected rain water.
The toilets are on a septic system, please don’t flush down non biodegradable items.
If you require additional information or assistance please ask a staff member.
By booking with us you understand that the activities at Lake Nillahcootie Camp are of a physical nature and as such carry risk. You will use judgement when participating in activities and maintain supervision of children in your care. You will inform camp staff of any existing illness or condition that may be affected by participating in activities that are supervised by them.